We are currently looking for a Children’s Ministry Director of who will provide oversight and leadership to our Children’s Ministry Department.
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for overseeing the planning, coordinating and implementing of the West-End Children’s Ministry program for children from 0 to12 years of age The Director should have a cooperative and healthy relationship and coordinate with leaders of other ministries at West-End including the Pastoral Leadership Team, to ensure that events are organized and properly staffed with volunteers.
Designation of Position: This position is part-time salaried to start, will require approximately 15-20 hours per week, including Sundays.
- Develop, cast and defend the vision of Children’s Ministry for West-End Worship Centre
- Recruit volunteers for the ministry
- Motivate, mentor, serve and encourage all Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Obtain and maintain the Vulnerable Sector Screening for the Children’s Ministry team.
- Manage the schedule for ministry volunteers to maintain adequate classroom coverage and avoid volunteer burn out.
- Select, train, and oversee special team leaders to provide the children with music, drama and other creative efforts.
- Provide appreciation initiatives for staff
- Develop a children’s outreach ministry within the local community
- Create exciting, welcoming, and dynamic classroom spaces for all children to engage in
Curriculum and Training
- Conduct or coordinate training opportunities for Children’s Ministry team members
- Keep abreast of new materials, technology, programs and instructional methods, etc.
- Be actively involved in producing or obtaining necessary programming and curricula in order to provide our children with the best tools to foster their relationship with God.
- Produce quarterly lesson calendars and lesson overviews for each class/level.
A Safe and Healthy Environment
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the children, staff, and parents.
- Establish and maintain a safe and secure drop off and pick up procedure for Children’s Ministry classrooms.
- Provide an environment and training that will aid staff in their own spiritual development.
- Periodically review church policies and programs with the pastoral team and/or appropriate staff and bring recommendations for needed changes and improvements to the church.
- Assist the staff in planning for, and presentation of annual budgets and in overseeing the expenditures of funds.
- A degree or diploma in Elementary Education/Early Childhood Development/Bible training or job/ministry equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in leading Children’s Ministry at a comparably sized church
- Passion for ministry to children and seeing both parents and children grow in the faith.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude, behaviour and fruit of the Spirit.
- Ability to fully embrace the mission, vision and values of West-End Worship Centre
- Proven expertise in administration or commitment to working through competent administrative volunteers.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers.
- Possess the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Licenses/Certificates Registrations: Police Vulnerable Sector Screening, HEMC Plan to Protect Certification
- Ability to connect and build rapport with all children and youth
Other General Expectations
- To exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic, teaching ability and accountability.
- Must be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility, guarding against projecting your stress onto others.
- Be willing to travel occasionally as the need arises.
- Must always exercise discernment and wise judgment in lieu of working with children and youth
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of a respectful workplace environment
- Willingness to be involved in the overall life of the church.
- Willingness to commit to long-term growth and development in this position.
Job Type: Part-time
Experience: Minimum 3 years
To apply, please submit your resume to our office