Lead Pastor Job Description
West End Worship Centre (WEWC)– September 2021
1344 Martin Grove Road, Etobicoke, ON M9W 4X3
West End Worship Centre is a Christ-centred church committed to loving Christ and fulfilling its mission by proclaiming the gospel, transforming lives, serving the community and developing a new generation of leaders. West End Worship Centre is currently in the process of finding the Lead Pastor God has chosen to lead, shepherd and give oversight as we strive to mature in the things of God for the kingdom of God. Our Lead pastor must have a calling to pastor, a close relationship with God, a heart of prayer, and a passion for the word and is led by the Holy Spirit.
Type Of Position: Full Time, Salaried
• The Lead Pastor provides spiritual, pastoral, and administrative leadership within The Church of God of Prophecy Church Polity.
• The Lead Pastor equips the church body to fulfill its Mission and Vision by providing the primary leadership in preaching, teaching, prayer, and pastoral care.
• The Lead Pastor oversees all aspects of church administration, staff and leaders and leads the Purpose, Mission and Vision of the Church for the ministry team.
• The Lead Pastor serves under the supervision of the Administrative/National Office of the Church of God of Prophecy.
● Shepherding the people of the church and providing pastoral care for the flock along with other ministers and leaders
(1 Peter 5:2-5).
● Responsible for giving leadership to the assimilation and pastoral care process.
● Responsible for all aspects of visitation, including delegating to associates and ministers.
● Provides spiritual, pastoral counselling for congregational members in need and
delegates professional needs to adequate licensed counsellors or therapists
Preaching, Teaching and Worship
● Provides oversight of preaching, teaching, corporate worship and prayer for the church
● Prepares and preaches sermons that are Gospel-centered, Biblically sound and relevant
to the local church and the demographic of the community
● Administers church sacraments and officiates special services such as Weddings,
Funerals and Baby Dedications
● Works closely with the Executive and Associate Pastors to oversee the church ministry teams, ministers, leaders and volunteers.
● Work closely with the Board of Directors to ensure that the local church fully complies with CRA as a not-for-profit organization.
● Oversees the local church structure, including holding staff, leaders, ministry teams, and other personnel accountable for their responsibilities.
● Communicates vision and executes processes related to the mission of the church
● Collaborates with Executive and Associate Pastors to build strong leadership
● Responsible for the development of leadership and discipleship within the church.
● Works with the Executive Pastor to regularly evaluate Ministry leaders of the church.
● Training, equipping and developing new ministers and lay leaders for church ministry
● Actively involved in the ministry and life of the church.
● Leads, Shepherds, and Develops the Pastoral Team, Ministry Team, and its Leaders.
● Works with the Church Board to recruit, interview, select, hire and employ all church
● The Lead Pastor serves as the lead representative of the West End Worship Centre. As such, is a visible representation and influence in the community.
● Supports the Small Group Ministry model as a method for others to connect, develop relationships, and be accountable to each other with an effective outreach ministry to the community.
● Fosters and commits to unity within the church.
● The Lead Pastor must meet the New Testament requirements and biblical qualifications for Pastoral Ministry as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7. And Titus 1:6-9 and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit in Galatians 5:22-23.
● The Lead Pastor should articulate their call to Pastoral Ministry with the spiritual gift and abilities to confirm such a call.
● Master of Divinity Degree/Bachelor’s Degree and or considerable experience and training to ensure preparation for Pastoral position.
● Minimum of 5 years experience in Pastoral Ministry or role.
● Must be ordained or qualify to be ordained within the Church of God of Prophecy
● Must be an individual that complies with the doctrine and polity of the Church of God of Prophecy.
COMPENSATION - Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
After prayerful consideration, if the Lord is leading you to apply, please send resume and references via email to:
● Bishop Woodroe Thompson at email@example.com
● Subject line: Senior Pastor COGOP
● Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.